• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

680i Network problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadow_X27

Registered
Hello everyone.
My friend has a computer with a eVGA 680i motherboard. He currently has Vista Home Edition x64 on his computer.
System Specs:

Q6600 2.4 Ghz
Vista Home Edition x64
eVGA 680i motherboard
8800GT

This is a brand new computer built from scratch. Anyway, we installed all graphics card drivers. However, we tried installing the network drivers given with the 680i mobo. We get a startup window with options to install nTune and other stuff. But "Motherboard Drivers" doesn't seem to want to work. It makes a "click" sound when we click on it, but nothing. We don't have internet. So, on my computer we go to eVGA's website and try and find their network drivers for that mobo. We download it, install it on his computer, Restart. However, once it loads again, we have no internet.

Does anyone have any good ideas as to why either the "motherboard drivers" link doesn't work from the CD or the Network Drivers download doesn't work?

Thanks!!

Do network devices show up in device manager? or any unknown hardware?

It might be disabled in either bios or under OS

I've checked. It appears "AUTO" in BIOS and in the network adapters as "3" and "4".

I think it's weird that it's not "1" and "2".

Back