• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CSM Motherboard ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n3xu5

I have a friend of mine who is pretty computer savy, and I've worked with him on many occasions and know he knows computers well enough. However, he's been preaching this "if you don't get a CSM motherboard, whatever you buy is crap" talk ...

I think CSM might be Intel's Corporate Stabel Model? But what does that mean to me actually? I'm personally wanting to buy the Asus P5Q Deluxe, and my friend is repeatedly saying, "Is it a CSM motherboard?" Now, don't get me wrong ... I'm buying the P5Q Deluxe, and no matter what he says will change my mind because I'm the one who did the 2 month research on current motherboards on the market, not him. However, I took a short peep on google and couldn't come up with much except two things.

First, I found this:

according to ASUS, a CSM model means:
1. Supply is guaranteed for at least 1-year from when motherboard is declared ASUS Corporate Stable
2. Each CSM model is backed by ASUS' Advanced Replacement Service to expedite service and minimize downtime.

Secondly, I found a TON of "help me" threads on referring to the CSM suffix model name. Kinda makes one wonder if they have issues.

Anyone care to shine some light onto this for me please?

Back