• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switching SATA ports (with RAID 0 already set up) an issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thisfffire

Registered
So I finished building my rig the other day and had to switch some SATA cables around to accommodate a BluRay drive. In the process, I couldn't remember which Raptor went in which SATA port (I know they were in 3 and 4, but I couldn't remember exactly which was which). I plugged them back in along with the BluRay drive and booted back up... Vista (64-bit) loaded A-ok, then prompted me to download/install some drivers. Then it asked me to restart...I'm guessing that some of the drivers were for the new BluRay drive, but the actual restart was required because of "RAID drivers," according to the window.

I haven't noticed any problems at all, but I was just wondering if switching SATA ports has been known to cause any BIOS or driver issues, or if I'm being completely paranoid. Thanks a bunch! And I'm lovin' the P5E3 Premium so far...

Back