• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enable 1T timing on a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L mobo, is that possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thermodynamic

I have 8GB of Corsair 800MHZ, 4-4-4-12 RAM (two xms2 twin2x4096-6400c4dhx kits)

Every benchmarking test I've got says they run at 2T.

I didn't find a BIOS setting to change them to 1T; the manual less than helpful too. :(

According to SiSoft Sandra, my current settings are:
DDR2 4-4-4-12 3-16-6-4 2T

My CPU:
Intel Q6600 @ (9x333MHz) = 3.0GHz
Gigabyte GA-0P35-DS3L mobo

Thanks!!

You could run memset to see if your RAM will run 1T, but i seriously doubt it.

You'd be much better off trying to get them to run 3-3-3-6. Also tRD (Performance level) can improve bandwidth significantly. I like to tighten tRFC as well.

Edit: 9 stars!!!

You could run memset to see if your RAM will run 1T, but i seriously doubt it.

You'd be much better off trying to get them to run 3-3-3-6. Also tRD (Performance level) can improve bandwidth significantly. I like to tighten tRFC as well.

Edit: 9 stars!!!

Thx; I will try 3-3-3-6.

What are tRD and tRFC?

You'll see them in memset. tRD is listed as Performance Level.

I'm not sure where they're listed in your BIOS, but tRFC should be the big number.

You'll see them in memset. tRD is listed as Performance Level.

I'm not sure where they're listed in your BIOS, but tRFC should be the big number.

k. I did see tRFC... I did d/l memset, tightened the timings, and when hitting "apply" locked the system. :eek: I rebooted and all seems well.

Also, 1T was not accessible to change. :(

What's the ideal number for tRFC? (And I will keep 4-4-4-12 for a while; don't want to overstress just yet...)

Thx!

I'm curious about tRFC too. My BIOS has the default (SPD?) listed as 52 but the setting is '0.' It's the only memory timing without an option to put on auto. Also a Gigabyte board.

I'm curious about tRFC too. My BIOS has the default (SPD?) listed as 52 but the setting is '0.' It's the only memory timing without an option to put on auto. Also a Gigabyte board.

I saw that too; when I had BIOS rev F7 (Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L)

Upgrading to F8 helped...

I do not know if a smaller number is better for tRFC -- but if your default is 52, I'd be inclined to set it manually at 52 - 0 might mean "auto" or it might cause havoc if you're doing too much.

I smaller number is better, check out the SPD details in CPUZ, it i will show at lower frequency, you can tighter the timing. It is suppose to greatley improve bandwith in the expense of stability.

Ive found that my Gigabyte board will loosen this when set to 'auto' to automatically bring a stable OC.

As for 1t. I manged to run that on my 2x2gb Gskills before i went 4x2gb (guess my NB cant cope!) Give memset a go and see if you can change it!

Back