• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Settings for ASUS P5Q Deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_D4VE_

Registered
Well ive had my P5Q Deluxe for a little while now and its been running well. I didnt mess with overclocking besides upping my chip to 3.0 and turning off
C1E and Intel Speedstep. I heard that you should run everything manual on this board because sometimes leaving it on auto the coltage would go crazy and sometimes fry/mess components up, but i dont know exactly what to do. If someone knows how to do this and has any other tips/ tricks for the motherboard, it would eb greatly appreciated. Im trying to get my board to runt he best it can. Thanks.

Actually "auto" settings are pretty safe with P5Q deluxe. I bumped up my E8600 all the way up to 410 x 10 (in multiple steps of course), while everything was still at auto. Every time you up the bus speed cpu voltage goes up a little to compensate the increase if it is set to auto, but it does not go up much. When you stress test (by prime), the CPU voltage drops about 0.03 volts or so which may be an issue if the auto juice is not enough. That was the point when I switched to manual settings. I am at 4.2 right now and fine tuning to go up a little more.

Be careful if your board is like mine. 1.3volt in Bios reads 1.25 in cpuz. So adjust accordingly.

Back