• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wire EDM Chiller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MongGrel

Anyone every consider putting a Wire EDM chiller using De-Ionized water into a comp, just came to mind the other day I used to run and program two of them for about 8 years before I started working my current job.

Heh you' need some high pressure fittings but that thing would really pump some industrial strength cold water through your system, seeing as how what they are made for, chilling a stream of water using a .010 or .008 diameter copper wire cutting steel :p

That would be a seriously over the top water cooling system.

Just an example of what one looks like ,water the high pressure water through through the heads and show the cooling\filtering system on the rear, that would be nuts though, heh.

I guess someone had a long time ago even of course but hadn't found a pick of one actually doing it :p

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88608&page=3

Ah NM looks someone allready had a post with a R-22 or what looked a picture of a Wire EDM chiller hooked up elsewhere, would be quite a large cost/maintenence/energy cost outlay, even to build and run it :)

Last edited:
Back