• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does newegg do price adjustments?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

I bought a set of 2x2GB Crucial DDR2 laptop RAM just under 2 weeks ago and its dropped $5 since then.

I know its not alot of money...just curious if I should even bother emailing them over it?

Not a huge deal like I said...Just wondering.

No harm in trying. If they agree to price matching it then good for ya, if not then tough luck I guess. I know Amazon does price matches within 30 days of the purchase, but that's a completely different company. :p

My guess is probably not. Even though prices may go up a little, at times, when something becomes popular, manufacturing costs do change. While Newegg isn't making chump change, they're not dealing with huge margins so prices are bound to fluctuate. If I remember right, electronics is generally sold at 20% over wholesale when you shop at Newegg and Fry's. A lot of industries can't work within those margins for most items. A lot of places have to have a 100% margin to cover their expenses (and make money) because the volume simply isn't there. When you charge higher margins you can fudge the numbers a bit and not increase your price when your cost increases by 10%. It's hard to make money selling an $8 PCI Card for $10-12, let alone when the cost increases to $9 or $10 suddenly.

I'm sick of newegg's pricing games, they've lost most of my business over the past six months because of crap like this: Yesterday I placed a twin-pack of HP 97 ink cartridges into my cart, the price was $63.99. Today, I loaded up the same cart to place the order (because it usually takes a day for me to get my ordering requests approved) and they had jacked up the price to $99! But....if you buy TWO twin-packs then the price is suddenly $56.99 for each. :mad: Goodbye newegg.

i bought a e6300 for $183 a long time ago and the next day it went on sale for $180 and they had no problems refunding my $3;)

when i bought my gpu for $70 shipped. a couple weeks later the price had jumped to about $90 and you had to pay for shipping. I was happy that i got it then.

newegg has a dynamic pricing system... it will lower the price and when people start to buy it will sense the demand and up the price automatically.

I have been eyeing this HP 14inch laptop. the DV12, something. Very great bang for your buck. They once had a sale on it for $550 after rebates, before rebate it was on sale for $600. Then however, they jacked it back up to its original price of $750.

now, they brought back the discounts on the same laptop after I have stopped looking at it.

If I get my tax refund soon.. then I might splurge on it. Of course I'll sell the laptop I have now, to help offset most of the cost.

Back