• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will IDE Hard Drive work with UD3P ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weatherphobia

Registered
:eek: I own the GIGA BYTE GA-EP45-UD3P REV 1.0 Motherboard and see that it is suppose to allow [1] IDE drive on the board.

I have a Maxtor DiamondMax10 80GB IDE hard Drive, will it work with no problems?

Model is = GL080P0 "Diamond Max 10"
Capacity is 80 GB
Says "PATA 133" on the drive.
Manufacture Date is FEB 2006

OS = VISTA

I'm currently using a SATA II drive and will want to continue to use the Sata drive as my main boot drive with VISTA.

This IDE Drive would be used to back-up files in case the main Drive crashes on me.

THANKS!!!!!!!!! :welcome:

:eek: I own the GIGA BYTE GA-EP45-UD3P REV 1.0 Motherboard and see that it is suppose to allow [1] IDE drive on the board.

I have a Maxtor DiamondMax10 80GB IDE hard Drive, will it work with no problems?

Model is = GL080P0 "Diamond Max 10"
Capacity is 80 GB
Says "PATA 133" on the drive.
Manufacture Date is FEB 2006

OS = VISTA

I'm currently using a SATA II drive and will want to continue to use the Sata drive as my main boot drive with VISTA.

This IDE Drive would be used to back-up files in case the main Drive crashes on me.

THANKS!!!!!!!!! :welcome:

I dunno, but it does with my Asus P5QL Pro. My Western Digital Caviar 320 GB is PATA.

It will work just fine.

They still put IDE on it for optical drives, like DVD burners, etc.

With one IDE port you are limited to two IDE devices, so one optical drive, and the other your 80gig Maxtor. You have to jumper both the HDD and DVD drive correctly so that they are both detected by your motherboard.

It will work just fine.

With one IDE port you are limited to two IDE devices, so one optical drive, and the other your 80gig Maxtor. You have to jumper both the HDD and DVD drive correctly so that they are both detected by your motherboard.

Thanks for your extremely fast and accurately detailed reply.

yes ide drives are getting old but yes it will get you going for now and get a sata drive down line there fairly cheap now and btw welcome to the forums
Rich

It will work just fine.

''

When I install the IDE Hard Drive on IDE is the drive suppose to be setup as a Master or Slave drive?

And how can I avoid the BIOS deciding the newly installed IDE Drive is the 1st boot device?

I'm just wanting to use it as a faster way of backing up files and other non-OS files/folders.

Thanks

:santa2:

If you go into BIOS there should be an option called something like Boot Order. You just have to put your IDE HDD under your SATA one.

You'll want your HD on the end of the chain and if you have an IDE DVD you want it on the middle. The end should be master and middle should be slave.

Looks like its similar to my P35-ds3r. You have two controllers. One is all SATA. The other one controls SATA and IDE. I am using an old 160 gb IDE drive just to store pics and old stuff. In the BIOS there was an option to treat SATA like SATA and IDE like IDE. These were the purple SATA connecters and the IDE one as well.
There is another bank of all SATA connectors with their own controller chip. Thats where I have my RAID set up. I put my IDE drive and optical drives on the mixed bank.
It works.

Back