• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone Using 4GB+ (or 3.5GB Really) In XP 32bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Just wanted to ask if anyone is using 4GB or 3.5GB as it would show in XP 32bit I am wanting to upgrade but stay with XP I am looking into getting XP Pro 64bit but looking at drivers for all my hardware.

I have a buyer for my OCZ Sli 2GB kit willing to give me £30 the price I paid for it 2 months ago and I was going to invest ina Kingston Hyper X 4GB PC8500 kit for £41.

I am used to XP I prefer it I've tried VISTA for 4 months straight on my old 939 X2 3800 rig that I sold to make this machine and I really prefer XP.

So anyone??

I am on my laptop. Vista just doesnt compete with xp when it comes to battery life with it. With the extra 512mb there, turned off hd page file and the lappy runs great.

I'm running XP X64 with 4Gb of RAM. Drivers are easy to come by now. Only problem I recall having with drivers, was not being able to find a driver for an older Linksys NIC card.

As far as XP 32 bit goes, it can address a maximum of 4Gb of memory, however this includes memory on the video card. So if you have a 512Mb video card, windows would only see 3.5Gb of RAM.

If you can upgrade your memory for little money, than go ahead. I prefer XP 64 bit, as it seems a little snappier than 32 bit windows.

Back