• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory query

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Godzilla

Hi there, i just recently built a new rig (see sig)....i bought 3x2gb corsair xms3 1600mhz (6gb kit)...but my query is when i go into bios it says DRAM 1333mhz under my cpu speed. i wanted to know if this was correct for my memory or should it say 1600mhz?

I have also uploaded screenies from cpuz.

At the moment EVERYTHING in my bios is on AUTO. I have not changed anything and everything is at 'stock'. i am occupying ram slots #1,#3,#5 for triple channel.

If anyone needs anymore information i will try to provide it. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 113
  • ram2.jpg
    ram2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 134
With BCLK Frequency set to 133MHz, manually set the DRAM Frequency to DDR3 1600MHz, and the four primary timings to...

DRAM CAS# Latency: 9
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: 9
DRAM RAS# PRE Time: 9
DRAM RAS# ACT Time: 24

With BCLK Frequency set to 133MHz, manually set the DRAM Frequency to DDR3 1600MHz, and the four primary timings to...

DRAM CAS# Latency: 9
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: 9
DRAM RAS# PRE Time: 9
DRAM RAS# ACT Time: 24

hi, i did what you said and have posted the cpuz shots.

Does this mean my original settings were wrong? if so, why? as i had everything on auto therefore it should have detected my ram speed was rated for 1600mhz originally?

I also noticed the command rate is 1T under the 'Memory' shot and 2T in 'SPD' shot...which is the correct reading?

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 113
  • ram2.jpg
    ram2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 97
2T. I don't thing there is any DDR2 ram of 1066 or faster that will run 1T and some of it won't even go below 3T. You're just not going to find those tight latencies we used to see with DDR1.

Default Command Rate for that RAM (C9) is 1T at 1600MHz and 9-9-9-24 / 1.65V. Just disregard the CR displayed under the SPD tab of CPU-Z.

Default Command Rate for that RAM (C9) is 1T at 1600MHz and 9-9-9-24 / 1.65V. Just disregard the CR displayed under the SPD tab of CPU-Z.

Just use 1T, it is stable and fine with my G.Skill, even though they are not playing nice in my rig at the moment.

T1 or T2, you wont see any difference unless you are trying to set a world record. Stick with T2 just to be on a safe side.

Hmmm, conflicting advice! :p

Back