• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

laptop: ddr2 667 to 800 worth $40?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juane414

Just out of curiosity, would upgrading my laptop from 4gb ddr2 667 to 4gb ddr2 800 be worth $40? My laptop is not slow by any means but for $40 I thought it would be worth at least asking. According to the Vista performance index my RAM is the weakest link in my system with only a 5.1 score. The only things I do that require memory are the occasional game (most demanding of which is TF2) and photo editing. So, worth it or not really?

You most likely will see no difference; if the laptop came with ddr2 667 it would most likely use any ddr2 800 installed as ddr2 667.

I guess I didn't realize that my laptop only supports up to ddr2 667. I suppose I should have looked into that before getting the crazy idea of upgrading. That pretty much answers my question though. I wouldn't see any difference unless I could find a ddr2 667 kit with faster timings.

Back