• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to clean mineral oil from hardware?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freak11

Hi forum,
I am planning to submerge my 2000 euro computer hardware into a mineral oil tank. The reason i am using mineral oil is that it is simply cheaper especially when you want to cool your graphics card too (you dont need to buy a waterblock).

However, my hardware has stains of mineral oil on it and before selling it, I wanted to know how I can remove the stains of mineral oil? ANy ideas or suggestions? Shall I use ethanol?

thanks.

i did this with my xbox its pretty cool except for the fact that it is a PAIN IN THE A SS to clean the oil off the part s lol

btw make sure you leave the heat sinks on and leave the fans on the heatsinks if you can add more fans even better they help circulate the oil

buy some high speed fans maybe some deltas ;)

and dont forget to post pics!!

i did this with my xbox its pretty cool except for the fact that it is a PAIN IN THE A SS to clean the oil off the part s lol

btw make sure you leave the heat sinks on and leave the fans on the heatsinks if you can add more fans even better they help circulate the oil

buy some high speed fans maybe some deltas ;)

and dont forget to post pics!!

The fans don't blow from the increased load?

The fans don't blow from the increased load?

Just don't use really crappy fans. Good powerful ones like the Deltas are ok for this sort of thing. I got bored one day and used two of my older Deltas to make a whirlpool in a cylinder of oil and they still run just fine. :)

Hes planning on doing it. But he has stains on his stuff allready?

+1 for some good deltas to help move the oil.

Back