• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q Pro question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shaggy

Registered
I was looking at this mobo on directrons site and noticed it was listed as a turbo with a turbo button. I havent seen a boost button since my 486 days and was wondering if anyone could tell me what it does on this mobo??

http://www.directron.com/p5qproturbo.html

Thanks in advance,
Shaggy

Its a Preset that you have to tweek in the BIOS.

From ASUS web site :

Turbo Key
ASUS Turbo Key allows the user to turn the PC power button into an overclocking button. After the easy setup, Turbo Key can boost performances without interrupting ongoing work or games - with just one touch!!

TurboV
Feel the adrenaline rush of real-time O.C. - now a reality with the ASUS TurboV. This easy O.C. tool allows you to overclock without exiting or rebooting the OS; and its user-friendly interface makes overclock with just a few clicks away. Moreover, the ASUS OC profiles in TurboV provides the best O.C. settings in different scenarios.

Those are just some BLING BLING at my eye .... theres nothing like a real BIOS oc ;)

Back