• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 6 1600 AF Will not post with overclocking settings.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlasterODB

I do not know if the CPU is the problem or the MOBO.
Whenever I try to overclock the memory in my build it will not post
This is manual or automatic from the BIOS
I have never had an issue overclocking anything before.
The only thing I can think of is the CPU as it was a used Amazon Warehouse buy (got it cheaper during this price gauge days)
Any help or pointers would be great I just want to use faster ram and I know
that the CPU only supports 2666mhz ram although I have seen people achieving 3200Mhz
ram speeds and overclocking the CPU to run more like a 2600 with the same setup.

Thanks in Advance

Here are my specs
Asus Prime B450-M A
SK Hyrinx 3200Mhz Ram DDR4 8GB x2
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 AF Cpu

Ryzen is picky for memory and wasn't known for great memory overclocking.

Are you trying to OC the CPU and memory? If so I would dial in the CPU overclock then try the memory after.

I figured as much, I will just have to wait for prices to come to upgrade the CPU to utilize the full ram speed.

I was just trying to get the ram faster. I am just running my audio studio with the system.
Thanks for responding!

You might be able to get some just slowly upping the memory speed until it isn't stable. Then give it a bump of SOC voltage might help get it faster but it will not likely get to 3200Mhz but 2800 or 2700 might be possible.

You also may also want to adjust the timings on your memory. Can you post what the XMP profile timings are for your kit? Anecdotally odd numbers did not do as well for that generation of Ryzen. I definitely agree on the SoC voltage, my Zen+ CPU (2600) needed a smidge to handle 3200MHz.

Timings.png

Out on the 4 wheeler ill get the bios profile when I return!
Maybe this will help?

Thanks again!!

If you post the SPD tab of CPU-Z it will show the answer to my question :)

For voltages, I believe I only used about 1.1v for SoC voltage, but for reference you can look here (Reelvant to Zen and Zen+ only)
attachment.php
Source= https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/781682-AMD-Ryzen-Tool-Kit

And you can also reference the OC guide: https://www.overclockers.com/amd-ryzen-overclocking-guide/

Apologies for not getting back sooner, I tried to bump it up a bit and it wouldn't post, removed battery, removed RAM did not boot.
Gave up for a few days now its back to stock. I dont know could be the MOBO, CPU or RAM at this point, so I guess I will sell this
box and research a newer one. Shame was a cheap build but will give me a sweet return as I just put an RX 570 in.

Here is the proper screenshot as I messed up the first one

Ram Timings.png

Back