• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop over heating.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grs

Is there a laptop model called HP One?
A friend has a laptop of this model (I think) which seems to be over heating. There doesn't seem to be any air moving through the system. I found a site that mentioned a similar problem on a HP laptop and the answer seemed to be with the BIOS.

Are HP laptop fans easy to come by?

Is there a laptop model called HP One?
A friend has a laptop of this model (I think) which seems to be over heating. There doesn't seem to be any air moving through the system. I found a site that mentioned a similar problem on a HP laptop and the answer seemed to be with the BIOS.

Are HP laptop fans easy to come by?

Hmm, if the answer was to do with bios it could just need a bios update.

My MSI laptop has a simular problem, were the fan wont auto change according to heat unless if I go in sleep mode and then wake it up, then its fine. I could also just update the bios but ive been to lazy and cautious.

Also give Hwmonitor a try and give us some temps if possible.

CPU Temps:

W/Fix:
Idle: 45c-48c
Load: 69c

Wo/Fix:
Idle: 45c-50c
Load: 74c-80c

Still not too bad. Considering my old LG R500 that died, used to have a max load temp of up to 87c with its fan roaring.

I got nervous about BIOS updating, sounds like it can go very wrong. Is this the case?
I was kind of hoping the problem was hardware, the computer is in Polish, I don't speak any! lol

Back