• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend mobo for E8400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Savin

Hi - first time poster, been reading for sometime.

I am building a gaming computer for myself and have selected the Intel E8400 Wolfdale 3.0 for my CPU. I have no idea what motherboard would go well with this and would like to solicit some recommendations.

I want to overclock a bit and have never done this so something not to complex. It is for gaming. I would be grateful for any comments. Also would like to get 4 gig of ram for this - what would be a good fit for this combo?

Thanks all

my P5Q E does 450 FSB like it's a joke. It'll likely do a hell of a lot more given that I have no issues and I didn't tweak my way to 450, I just set it.

450x9 is 4GHZ right there guaranteed.

$300 extra will get you an i7 system to destroy the E8400 in every way.

Thanks for the responses. After reading through as many evaluations as I could find I decided to go with the BIOSTAR TPower I45. I read many first time overclockers thought it was not to difficult to OC.

Appreciate the insight from you all.

I think you made a good choice, let us know how it works out. The Tpower seemed to make it easy to overclock for me. The board has been quite strong.

Back