• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ip35pro Need help with settings to install windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dufrain

My old raptor has died so I am replacing it with a new Black 640. I removed my ide dvd drive at the same time to run all sata stuff. When I go to install Xp or Vista The Cd will not boot. The drive is a sata Dvdr pioneer. I could use some help with settings to get this thing to boot the cd or dvd. I can stick the old ide drive back in there if I have to but surely I can just change something to get this thing to do right. Thanx for any help and I hope this in the right place I dodnt know whether to put it in here or the OS section.

then explain a bit more about tring to get it to boot? cause i have pionner dvd burner and have had no issues on the IP35 pro... is it you just cant get the bios to boot from the cd/dvd? or does it say "press key to boot from cd" but doesnt?

I went ahead and stuck the ide dvd drive back in and got windows on here. I think the whole problem is with either the board or the bios . If I try to shut down it just restarts and If I hit del and go into bios and change anything ,when I hit save and exit it either wont start or it says cmos error checksum defaults loaded and I lose all my settings.

I think they have BIOS up to 16 now, maybe wanna update. ALso to bot from SATA CD/DVD Drive. The board (with BIOS 16 anyway) has boot options for CD/DVD Drive or SATA CD/DVD Drive.

I set it to every cd and dvd setting to boot first but it never would unless i used the old ide one. I have vista 64 on there now working good. One other thing is it will not boot and keep my bios setting it just says cmos error default setting loaded.

Can you get a battery like that at walmart , no computer stores in this little town. I was looking at getting a p45 gigabyte if I cant get this thing lined out,would it be a good upgrade.

Can you get a battery like that at walmart , no computer stores in this little town. I was looking at getting a p45 gigabyte if I cant get this thing lined out,would it be a good upgrade.

you should be able to find them at walmart, i did about 4 years back. just power off the pc and remove the battery to get the model number of the battery.

Is your EZ CMOS SWITCH in its correct position?
Do you have your BOOT ORDER set to SATA CDROM as FIRST DEVICE?
Official BIOS versions are up to 17 now, but there is a BETA 18.

I put in a new battery it seems like its holding the bios settings. I checked both the cmos jumper and the little external switch,both are in the right position.

Thanx for your help guys I hope this thing is going to run ok, Im not really wanting to swap out the mobo.

Back