• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x80mm Rad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haggenator

Registered
Could a 2X80mm Rad handle a GTX 285. Im not looking for amazing temps but I just really want my CPU in its own loop. Thanks.

Let me know if you need anymore info.

I think so. Temps won't be stellar, but you'll ge t rid of the fan noise. Dunno about the cost vs benefit tho. Pump, Tline, block, air HS for all the goodies that still need cooling.

All you need is 70C max on the GPU etc.... GPUs can take a LOT more temps.

You look at quiet air cooling solutions? Thermalright makes good stuff, I used it on my 8800GT, was awesome and quiet. Check out their website. Thermalright..............

Good thermal tape and proper cleaning is key. Look at Artic Clean to clean ANY part of a GPU before putting TTape on it. Seksui tTape, on Ebay.

Thx for the quick response. I already have my 285 watercooled right now! So All I would need to do is get a pump to split up my GPU from my CPU. I have a heavily overclocked core i7 860 and it produces a lot of heat!! Living in hot southern California doesnt help either.

LOL and it's winter there. I'm in Vegas. Yea, you'd be okay with that rad and another pump. I'd just go a 120x3 and do it right. In a year you'll be buying a new monster GPU anyway. Why go barely enuff? Plan for the future. And you can be silly e-peen on how good your GPU temps are.

do the math. a 2x80 is how many square mm ? Pretty darn small and there are no good modern 80mm rads. poor resrreiction, HIGH HIGH FPI, needing high 80MM CFM fans. Noise?

Ya see what you mean. I have a Danger Den tower 26 and my loop is as follows pump->cpu->2x80rad->GPU->4x120rad->pump. So doing 2 separate loops wouldn't cost too much.

No more room for another radiator in less I do some type of customization.

Ya was thinking that too... another year from now I will probably want some monster new GPU that is just way too huge.

Back