• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little product selection advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ddawson

So I had a Silverstone TJ07, Thermochill PA120.3 Radiator, Swiftech MCP655, and HeatKiller block for a while now.

I got tired of the weight so I set my sons computer up in this case and bought a new one to start over.

I bought a LIAN LI PC-A05NB, added two 120MM blow holes and the power supply is sealed to a 120MM hole on the bottom of the case.
I’ve decided to just build another DIY system and need a little help with the specs. Currently it has a Corsair H50 with a Swiftec Res on it.
So I was going to get another HeatKiller, Radiator and Pump.

The pump need to be as small as possible. I’m looking at the Swiftec MCP350, DangerDen Laing DDC-12V or the DangerDen DD-CPX1.

The next piece of advise is the Radiator. I have a Thermochill PA120.1 but it won’t fit. I need something a little skinner and is closer the dimensions of a 120MM fan.

The Black Ice GT Stealth would fit with a push/pull fan. The XChanger and XSPC RX120 should fit with one 120x38mm fan

Any suggestions and thanks for the help?

Yes 920 at 1.25V running at 4GHz.

It gets a little toasty with the H50 and Venomous X, but doesn't effect the OC.

It's pretty tight at the top with the MB almost touching the two fans up there.
I just want to do a single 120 on the bottom.

mount the rad externaly? and keep the 2fan inside? or mount the rad on the inside of the case and mount the fan on the outside. :)

If h50 is not doing a great jobs a 120.1 will give, maybe a little drop in temps.. but not that much.

i agree with grosjambon
even if you put a 120.1 in push pull i think you'll be better off finding space for a 120.2 or bigger to see any real improvement you can mount it on the top all the you would loose is access to a pci slot or 2.
case specs show 8.27 width, black ice gt specs show 5.23 width it'll be tight but its def doable best route would be an external mount thought but if anything have you considered maybe 2 120.1 mounted inside somewhere don't know how much better that would yield you but just a thought

Back