• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on memory please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

colt1911

Registered
I just ordered my I7 980 cpu and at the moment I have 6gigs of G Skill 12800 1600 memory and would like to know if this will be ok or do I need to purchase higher speed memory. If my current memory will bottleneck my cpu then what would you suggest?Also this is not the right place to ask but I didn't want two seperate threads so do you think my Corsair TX 750 will be enough power as well . Thanks to whomever can advise me I really appreciate your time and efforts.

your memory should be fine.. you probably wouldn't notice a difference between 1600 and 2000 unless you plan on doing alot of benching etc

and your psu should be fine unless you are like tri or quad sli/crossfire.. then you might want to upgrade it

Thank you for the quick reply. I will only be using one video card and do not planon doing any benching. However I would like to upograde my hard drive to something faster excluding the SSD drives. What would you recommend?

the intel SSD's are still some of the best overall drives if you're looking for SSD, but i dont know much else about em..

Back