• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit I-N73H and E8400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Membit

Hello,

CPU multiplier remains x6 even in a high load, created by prime95, super pi or what ever. CPU-Z reports multiplier as x6 all the time and therefore the clock freq for CPU is 2.0 GHz, while it should be 3.0 GHz.

I'm aware of EIST and C1E functions with Intel CPUs, but I can see only C1E in the BIOS / Advanced BIOS Features / CPU Feature.
Abit User's manual says that EIST will appear only for certain processors.
However, still it doesn't explain why multiplier won't go up to x9 while in a heavy load.

Any ideas?

Did you try disabling C1E/Speedstep/EIST int he bios? If no, try doing that and see if itll give you the 9x multiplier. Also check to make sure you didnt accidentally change the multi to 6 yourself.

If neither of those, what bios do you have? Do you have the latest bios? I know you are on an older board. Bios you are on might have issues and an update may fix it.

Back