• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking X4 620 with new gear

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
UPLOADING MADE EASIER???

It took me a while to learn of this and also the use some of the options available, but here is the general outline to allow more than three (3) images per-post. Use the View Image Full Size to readily see the Print in some pics.
RGone...
FIRST
Go Advanced.jpg

SECOND
1st upload.jpg

THIRD
2nd upload.jpg

FOURTH
3rd upload.jpg

FIFTH
paper clip.jpg

Last edited:
Your NB (aka, CPUNB) is over 2500 MHz now. Have you given it any extra voltage to support that higher frequency?

Yep,actually its sitting on 1.325V,and it got through 2 hour Prime95 Blend test.

That's great. The phenom 2 and similar athlons respond very well to nb/IMC over clocking. If you have a decent board you shouldnt have a problem running 1600mhz ram. Yeah, its only rated for 1333 ram but many folks have no issues running higher clocked memory especially with higher quality components. In any event your system is stable and that's imporant. What's your final over clock on the CPU? (I'm on my tablet)

Final clock is 3.3 Ghz,its a 600 Mhz higher than stock clock of 2.6 Ghz.Its at auto voltage (around 1.4v).NB frequency is 2580 Mhz at 1.325 manual voltage.

Yes,my ram actually works on 1600mhz,but for some reason Windows reports that only 4GB is usable of 8GB,and whenever i set it any thing lower than 1500mhz it reports 8GB of 8GB again.

If you're running a 32bit OS that's the likely reason

Nope,that isn't the reason because im runnin 64-bit OS,i checked it on some other forums,and its not OS,neither its RAM or mobo,its just CPU not supporting that high frequencies,and i guess using just one stick instead of two.

If i'd run 32 bit .OS,it wouldnt even recognize 8 gigs,it would just show 3 point whatever gigs...this on the other hand,says that i have 8 Gig,but only 3.99GB is usable

What is being reported about your "available memory" is correct and nothing is wrong. This is how Windows 7 and Windows 8 uses system ram. It's "shared" with the OS for the heavy duty graphics demands of these new operating systems with all their eye candy GUI technologies. It doesn't mean that much is sequestered and not usable by programs at all. I too have 8 gb of ram and here is a report about how my ram is being used by the system.

Attachments

• shared.JPG
    shared.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 49
Ahh I see what the OP is saying now. I'm not overly familiar with that screen. Never been too interested in what MS thinks of my rig. :rofl:

No,you are reffering to GPU memory.But,you got the right screenshot - just look up a bit and see the blue System header,then by that category check total amount of system memory - thats where my problems occur.It says just like yours does - 8 GB,but when i put it near 1600mhz it says 8GB but only 3.99 GB usable.Thats it :)

Any number of users have issues trying to run DDR1600 on a Deneb CPU and the problem can get worse as the overclock increases. Kingston ram has given plenty of issues and I personally would not have an MSI board I had to spend my money for. If they wanted to send me one to test well that is their dime.

That cpu cannot be overclocked with the multiplier so you have to use the FSB/HT Ref and that means the ram has to be clocked upward. You might start the ram on an even lower multiplier and then as it clocks up it will stay away from the DDR1600 and trouble.
RGone...

Back