• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Review] Round 2: Koolance CPU-360

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skinnee

WB, pump & rad molester
I know a lot of you guys are members of other forums and may have seen this already. After talking to I.M.O.G., we will definitely be posting our review cliff-notes here @ OC Forums as well. So enough of my :blah:, :blah:, :blah: and to the matter at hand... another CPU block review from Vapor.

Koolance CPU-360

CPU-360 on the bench this time...really great block overall, great performance, great mounting system, and gets a lot of the little things right that other blocks don't. Probably isn't the last time you'll hear from me with the CPU-360 either...going to play with it more and try to tweak it (Bei Fei injection plates hopefully inbound soon and a few other little things I want to try, something tells me there's even more performance untapped).

Full review can be found here: http://skinneelabs.com/koolance-cpu-360.html, but as usual I'll include all the performance numbers here :cool:

KL-360_prodshot.jpg

MainTemp.png

MainFlow.png

TempVFlow.png

TempVPump.png

Conclusion
Long story short...it's a great block, but not the best performer. The mounting system is a half step below Swiftech's and a lot better than the EK Supreme HF's (and way, way better than the HK3.0's) and all the little things are right with this block. It's nickel plated so it won't tarnish, the screws are stainless steel so they don't rust if they get wet and air dry (like EK's), the mounting plate can be swapped without taking apart the block, mounting hardware for every major socket is included, it's compatible with even the largest compression fittings, and I don't think the pictures quite do it justice for how good it looks--the two tone really works well here.

yes, thanks for posting the reviews and other such stuff over here, now i don't have to travel so far :)

Well I bought one, it isn't here yet but am very interested in hearing about your Bei Fei injection plate play??

I know Vapor burned some of his finger prints off in the injection plate work... presently, I think the plate testing is planned for his LGA1366 testing on his new bench. But, TIM testing gets knocked out first. :)

Back