• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Planning on an H-50 Are voltages the only worry?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

j0hnsm1th

Right, so I am planning on buying this cooler, and I was wondering, when I OC, If I have good cooling, are the temps the only worry? or are my voltages limited? I understand that raising the voltages ups the heat, and the lower Freq. ram I have, the more I can up my voltages on my CPU, is this correct?

Basically, If I bought the H-50, what would be the limiting factors to my OC's?

And is it a good cooler? for a noob to watercooling?

Thanks in advance guys :)

Your overclocks are limited by:

Your chip. It can be a good one or bad one.

Your Mobo. Top notch expensive helps.

Your Ram.

Your ambient temps.

Your cooling. No matter what your CPU for good overclocking needs to stay in the high 50's. Watercooling is just enough to keep the crazy niose down from a massive air heatsink running 3000 RPM push pull fans. A H50 could be enogh, bit better than a top notch air cooler. But you'll need to replace the stock fan, go push/pull with some decent fans, and pull cooler room air into the radiator.

It's a tiny radiator, it's watercooling, but not near as capable as real watrcooling.

So, spend close to $100 now on the H50, it almost maybe will be what you need depending on the starting comments. If not, well, a real watercooling loop is about $250.

So spend $100 now and it's not enuff. Sell it and buy real watercooling. You'll only lose about $50 in selling the H50 if it's not enuff.

Right, so I am planning on buying this cooler, and I was wondering, when I OC, If I have good cooling, are the temps the only worry? or are my voltages limited? I understand that raising the voltages ups the heat, and the lower Freq. ram I have, the more I can up my voltages on my CPU, is this correct?

Basically, If I bought the H-50, what would be the limiting factors to my OC's?

And is it a good cooler? for a noob to watercooling?

Thanks in advance guys :)
RAM speed and vCore are only vaguely related but that's a discussion for the AMD CPU section.

The H50 should do a fair job of cooling your 720BE, a good job if you get a good fan for it ... ;)

Back