• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Beta Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seanie's Show

New Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Beta Bios F6b

As the title suggests for all these board users a new beta bios for this board is available, not sure what the fixes are but im hunting around to find out.

Remember to set your bios to defaults before flashing, never flash with overclocked settings unless you want to take the risk of a nice un-healthy corrupt bios.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/gigabyte-latest-bios-28441/

Last edited:
Hi there - unrelated, but how do you export your bios settings (like voltages) for this board into nice text for pasting into forums?

Cheers

Little off topic ;)
I was making one pc for my boss on this board and all seems really nice. My only question is how high is max bclk without any hard mods ? I mean benchable , don't have to be 100% stable.

I have had my ud3r up to 235 with the 21 multi all air and no mods. For me it didnt like any of the clock skews to be changed or it would kill the oc. dont remember who, but someone else had the same issue and setting the skews back to 0 let them rock

Old UD3R were in locked and unlocked revisions , simply couldn't pass 221bclk on locked without hard mod. All UD4/5 are locked too but new UD3R and UD7 not. I have crappy UD4 now ( got for ~100$ so only good side of it ) and can't pass 207bclk on 4 cores+ht for any test but can make screenshot/spi/pifast on max 220 bclk 2 cores. 200 bclk is 24/7 stable.
Just gathering info about any cheap boards that are worth to buy ;)

I had a ud4 that I had run up to 225 but couldnt manage the heat with the monster heat chip that I had. board wasnt modded, must have just been lucky. the ud3 that I have now is hard to manage heat at 235 on air, think the board would do more but cant get it stable at all over that and chip starts slowing down

Hi there - unrelated, but how do you export your bios settings (like voltages) for this board into nice text for pasting into forums?

Cheers

you cant and its not advised to load your settings from an old bios into a new bios, just use the plain old simple method, write them down, flash your bios and then reprogram the bios manually with your settings from the old one.

you cant and its not advised to load your settings from an old bios into a new bios, just use the plain old simple method, write them down, flash your bios and then reprogram the bios manually with your settings from the old one.

I think he meant; "How do I get the BIOS settings into text, that I can insert into a forum post"
Code:
Using the code tags like so...
As far as importing the text, I would ask redduc. He does it quite often ;)

GA-X58A-UD3R revision 1 board only - F6i beta bios

-Improved LLC (AUTO/STANDARD/LEVEL1/LEVEL2)
-UD5/UD3R new BIOS layout
-01.June 10

flashed to my system without any probs.

Attachments

• X58AUD3R.6i.zip
    791.4 KB · Views: 545
Last edited:
GA-X58A-UD3R revision 1 board only - F6i beta bios

-Improved LLC (AUTO/STANDARD/LEVEL1/LEVEL2)
-UD5/UD3R new BIOS layout
-01.June 10

flashed to my system without any probs.

Did it help with your stability and are you able to overclock higher.

Not tried yet to be honest mate, just set everything back to how it was set in my previous bios, and ran 100 passes of LinX overnight.

Flashing this bios also erases all of your overclock saved profiles, so make sure you either know your settings off by heart or write them down before you flash.

and as mentioned before, never flash your bios whilst overclocked, always clear the cmos before flashing or set bios defaults, its easy their is a little button on the IO sheild to clear your settings.

updated with picts of the new beta bios:

Attachments

• DSC00074.JPG
    DSC00074.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 6,976
  • DSC00075.JPG
    DSC00075.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 6,872
  • DSC00076.JPG
    DSC00076.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 6,897
  • DSC00077.JPG
    DSC00077.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 6,876
  • DSC00078.JPG
    DSC00078.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 6,846
GA-X58A-UD3R - FVB

-Fix issue of whine coming from coils near CPU socket
-04.Jun 10

PLEASE REPORT YOUR FINDINGS, IF THIS BIOS HELPED YOU OR FIXED THE WHINING ISSUE FOR YOU THEM PLEASE POST A REPLY

REVISION 1 BOARD ONLY

Attachments

• BIOS_X58A-UD3R_1_FVB.zip
    791.4 KB · Views: 422
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 6,089
Last edited:
is this confirmed that this actually fixes the whine?

According to this Gigabyte site it does not, maybe on some GA-X58A-UD3R revision 1 boards it does.:)

LINK:http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=1426.240

QUOTE:No Rev. 2 does not fix the whining noise, Gigabyte's beta bios does not fix it either.. Best thing to do is return the Gigabyte board and get an Asus X58 premium E board. Alot better than Gigabyte.

I second... it will probably be solved with Rev. 3. Don't think it will come out soon so it's better to consider Asus X58 at the moment.

Last edited:
According to this Gigabyte site it does not, maybe on some GA-X58A-UD3R revision 1 boards it does.:)

LINK:http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=1426.240

QUOTE:No Rev. 2 does not fix the whining noise, Gigabyte's beta bios does not fix it either.. Best thing to do is return the Gigabyte board and get an Asus X58 premium E board. Alot better than Gigabyte.

I second... it will probably be solved with Rev. 3. Don't think it will come out soon so it's better to consider Asus X58 at the moment.

The bios is for rev 1.0 boards only, as also stated somewhere on that site they are trying to fix the problem with the rev 1.0 boards first, then they are going to copy the fix over to the rev 2.0 boards.

"Hi runn3R... My observations are as follows:

My earlier problem:
[P1] [From Windows Welcome screen until Windows XP is fully loaded] Acoustic noise: "squealing" noise
[P2] [After Windows XP is fully loaded and if Google Chrome is loaded] Acoustic noise: constant "high-pitch" noise

CPU: i7 Core 920 D0

BIOS: FVB (Load Optimized Default)
- CPU Clock Ratio [20x]
- Intel (R) Turbo Boost Tech. [Enabled]
- C1E [Enabled]
- C3/C6/C7 [Enabled] (Default is Disabled)
- EIST [Enabled]

With BIOS FVB (plus "Load Optimized Default" and C3/C6/C7 is enabled):
[1] "Squealing noise" described in P1 above still exists but with some improvement, i.e. the duration it occurs is shorter now.
[2] "High-pitch noise" described in P2 above does not exist.

At no-load condition (only Google Chrome is opened):
- When both "C1E" and "EIST" are enabled, the CPU voltage is maintained at 0.912V.
- When "C1E" is disabled and "EIST" is enabled, the CPU voltage is also maintained at 0.912V.
- When both "C1E" and "EIST" are disabled, the CPU voltage fluctuates slightly between 0.912V and 1.040V although most of the time (e.g. 90%) it's maintained at 0.912V.

With earlier BIOS versions (e.g. F5, F6i, etc), the CPU voltage immediately goes up to and maintains at 1.200V after the "C1E" is disabled. This phenomenon, however, is not noted with BIOS FVB. I'm not sure if the new observation with FVB is normal or not."

That fix looks like a band-aid, that will hide the defect on some boards. Every board component is going to have voltages and manufacuring variations including a PSU, within specification, you hope. However adjusting one board and PSU voltage combination is not the answer to the problem of improper design of VRM, or use of inadequate or incorrect VRM parts.:shrug:

Another new one, once again rev. 1.0 board only, dont know what the fixes are this time though, but at a guess I would imagine an improvement over the last one.

The one labelled MOD contains the following changes, use at you own risk.
- Intel(R) RAID for SATA - v9.6.0.1014 ROM
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v2.34 ROM

Attachments

• X58AUD3R.6j.zip
    791.4 KB · Views: 363
  • X58AUD3RMOD.zip
    795.9 KB · Views: 374
Back