• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE New Beta BIOS for EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Raises Power Limit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today EVGA released a new BETA version BIOS for its 3080 FTW3 Ultra GPU that raises the power limit from 400 watts to 450 watts. While this isn't a massive increase it may be enough to help stabilize your overclock. Naturally, updating to this BIOS does not guarantee an increase in performance but does provide for the possibility. Users who choose to install this BETA version should also verify they have adequate cooling as an increase in wattage will, in turn, increase temperatures.

Click here to view the article.

I wonder if the FTW cooler is enough to keep up with any of that or if it basically requires water+

I'd imagine to get anywhere (and stay there) you will need water. It will drop boost bins to for temps as you know, so the lower the better.

I'm wondering what that brings, if anything, at stock speeds since some these will just hit the limit pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Yea I agree. I'm thinking until we start seeing more results under water the true power of these cards won't be realized.

Back