If you own an EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra and are struggling with the overclock due to the low default power limits, you are in luck. Today EVGA released a new BETA version BIOS that will raise the power limit from 400 watts to 450 watts. While this isn’t a massive increase it may be enough to help stabilize your overclock.
Naturally, updating to this BIOS does not guarantee an increase in performance but does provide for the increased possibility. Users who choose to install this BETA version should also verify they have adequate cooling as an increase in wattage will, in turn, increase temperatures. How far you’ll be able to go now with the increased limit, nobody knows! EVGA’s Product Manager, Jacob Freeman, posted the following on their forum late last night.
Due to many users’ requests, have a new BETA BIOS that increases the maximum Power Target. This BIOS is only intended for the extreme overclocking user and does not have any other changes. Please note the following:
- This update will increase the power consumption while overclocking and is recommended you have adequate cooling and power (850w+ Gold minimum) when using this.
- EVGA does not guarantee any performance increase or overclock while using this BIOS update.
Any other questions or concerns will be answered in this forum thread only. Please post below your results and feedback!
BIOS Instructions (Windows Installation):
- Download the correct .zip file below for your graphics card below.
- Extract the files to a location on disk.
- Make sure no programs are running in the background, and double click Update.exe
- Press “Y” to begin the update.
- DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR RESET DURING THE UPDATE PROCESS!
- After update, restart PC.
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA
NOTE: There are 2 BIOS’s, one is for the BIOS when switched to the normal stock position, the other if switched to the OC position