• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ip35 pro wont shut down just reboots need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dufrain

I hope this is the right place to put this question,I think its a hardware problem so I will try here.
My computer has been running fine and shutting down fine for months. I had Vista ultimate 64 and I just did a clean install of 7 ultimate. The problem started while vista was installed but persists with the new install of 7. When I shut down it kicks off then in a couple seconds starts back up. I have it set for the screen to go to sleep in 10 and harddrive in 20 but it never goes black. Since it still does the same thing with the new install it makes me think it is some hardware setting. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.Thanx

i dont think its a HW setting but SW and some how, shutdown got switched to restart. i know i had to change some settings around in win7 to show shutdown instead of restart in the main box below "help and support" in the start menu. though this is for my gene setup but i have never heard of this kind of thing being a HW issue.

my only suggestion, if it really is a HW issue. take out the battery and reset the cmos, then check all the cables connected to the motherboard. even though you said it start while with vista. if you want to rule out OS for sure, try a live cd of linux distro. do the shutdown in there and see if it still restarts.... im still leaning to something in the OS though...

Mine says shutdown in the box. Could it be a bios setting. It just seems weird it did the same thing last night while vista was still on there then i switched to seven and it does the same thing right after the clean install.

No dont have a linux cd.Do you think its the same thing keeping it from letting the screen go to sleep.

screen going to sleep has to do with the OS not the bios... yes it could be something in the OS that is effecting both.

i suggest downloading a live cd/dvd ISO of a linux distro and see if it does the same thing as windows. its free cant get much better then that...

Back