• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1366 Mobo for extreme Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

swanylite

Registered
Need help for your recommendation on a mobo that will have 12gb ram and fairly easy to overclock. I keep changing my mind and from experienced users like you I would really appreciate your help.

Pretty much any x58 board on the market (Asus, Gigabyte, Evga, MSI, even Asrock) all provide overclocking tools and options with their boards. By "extreme" overclocking, I'm assuming you mean overclocking with 12GB's of Ram as "extreme"... or am I mistaken. 12GB's of RAM will place heavy stress on the IMC of your chip, and require increased CPU VTT/QPI Dram Voltage as opposed to the normal expected increases.
Evga E757, E758
Asus P6X58D
Gigabyte UD4 or UD5

If, however, you are talking about real Extreme Overclocking/Extreme Cooling (which I don't expect you are, simply because no bencher in their right mind would try and bench with 12GB's of ram ;)) I would suggest completely different motherboards. And it would depend entirely on your CPU.

i7 980X, 975, 965
Asus Rampage III Extreme

i7 920, 930, 940, 950, 960
Evga Classified E760

Back