• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost package advice...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrgoodkat

So my GTX 460 was left on my porch, but not really. Maybe it was there at some point, but it wasn't when I got home.

Called UPS, usual runaround. Spoke with Newegg and they filed a claim, but what are my chances? This has never happened to me, and I am out $250, and a video card for at least a week, if I the claim goes ok.

The Newegg CS person made it sound like I would simply get another, but it cannot be that easy, can it?

I was reading that Amazon simply sends out a replacement, no questions asked, for the most part. Who knows what the cost of those items were, though. This is fairly expensive.

If it comes down to Newegg, Im pretty sure they will do right by me. I have a 4-5 year history with them, and have spent a few thousand with them. Largest purchase was $1400 in '09. So Im hoping they take that into account.

If someone did take the package, maybe they did so seeing Newegg on the box, if it was marked like most, and they try and register the thing. Or sell it and eventually someone registers it. That would be sweet justice. I have to imagine that there would be a trail if it popped up with EVGA.

I was so excited today, this sucks. Why they wouldn't require a signature is beyond me. I usually get things shipped to a friend or family member close by, but Newegg is not big on that. I had a bad feeling all week.

I feel fortunate that I went with Newegg, but I'm still mighty pissed about being out $250. I will call them tomorrow and see if they cannot send me a replacement sooner. Ive been a loyal customer.

Years ago I had something like this happen. (UPS sent a sound card to my neighbors house for some reason) and I never got it.. Newegg simply replaced it.

It can be that easy at times. These companies probably have insurance for their packages. I know UPS provides a $100 insurance if you don't declare a price on your shipment, and full coverage on packages if you declare a specific value.

Odds are Newegg will just get their money from UPS based on the claim, you get yourself a new video card, and UPS loses money on the lost package. Simple as that.

And UPS should be held accountable. Ive done a fair amount of defending them after having dealt with them in a job where I ran a warehouse that shipped worldwide. Never had one single issue through god knows how many shipments. But shipping something worth $250 and not requiring a signature, is madness. It is drivers discretion unless the shipper requests (which they should), but I just dont understand leaving it on a porch in a condo community, where god knows how many people would walk by and see it. Let alone the fact that I'm the main route to the pool, and there were workers in the area painting.

As time goes on, Im going to get more and more pissed off. I have faith in Newegg, but 7-10 days for the claim, and another wait on shipping if it goes my way, weekends, etc, and Im looking at upwards of 2 weeks.

Sold my 5850 for this (I use programs for work daily, that benefit from ATI stream and CUDA, which is why I decided to go back to CUDA :)) and now my PC is down. So Im looking at used cards on craigslist to at least have it up and running. I found a Quadro for $50 that will get me back in business, literally. So this ****-up has me in the hole already.

Last edited:
Had the same happen to me with UPS and Newegg , but with a mobo . Newegg took care of everything on thier end (including fileing with UPS) and I got a replacement in about a week .

I'd imagine the same will happen . :)

Last edited:
Well, I'm getting nowhere trying to expedite this thing. But I did find a used card locally, which cost me only $30, so I dont have to commute to work in the city, which can 2-3 hours.

I dont know if I am talking to the wrong people. Maybe I should request to talk to some kind of supervisor? I just figured that after having spent $4000 with Newegg, over a handful of years, they might get the picture that Im loyal, and likely not trying to screw them over.

And apparently, it is on me to do some paperwork to have UPS know that they can never leave packages. Seems to me that requesting a signature when shipping something would be a lot easier. Especially at the value of the things they ship...

So my GTX 460 was left on my porch, but not really. Maybe it was there at some point, but it wasn't when I got home.

Called UPS, usual runaround. Spoke with Newegg and they filed a claim, but what are my chances? This has never happened to me, and I am out $250, and a video card for at least a week, if I the claim goes ok.

The Newegg CS person made it sound like I would simply get another, but it cannot be that easy, can it?

Dear mrgoodkat,

Hello, first and foremost, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I'm glad to hear a claim has been issued and that a customer service agent was able to assist you, but unfortunately claims for a lost package can take a processing period of 7-10 business days.

I would like to offer my assistance in this matter for you, please contact me at [email protected] or call me at 1800-390-1119 ext 25062. I can see if this claim can be expedited for you, I would simply require your order information .

Thank you.

Newegg.com

Yeah, they gave me a refund because the card was out of stock...of course. While I am still waiting for it to process through until I can buy a 460 (if they are in stock at that point), it was ultimately resolved much sooner than it would have been. So I am certainly grateful.

Hoping it will clear to my account by Friday. Banks... :(

Back