• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am sick of Fedex and their terrible delivery date reliability.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
I know every time Fedex gives me the tracking # and it says on time delivery such and such a date. It will not get delivered on that date. They are very consistent in this as every and I mean every package that shipped and I bothered to check on it was guilty of this....I just wonder how they get away with this time and time again....

If I had a choice I would never use them again.:rain:

Happened again today...said on time by the end of day....I knew darn well it wasn't getting here from MD. today but they suckered me again as I really want the thing...(Insert cuss words here) I ask the drivers when I see them whats up with the tracking...and he admits "yeah we suck". Not much of a comfort.:blah:

It must be my boony location...This can't be happening to anyone else ....right?

Now incredibly unlike the UPS thread of the same ilk....My UPS deliveries and tracking and knowing the driver...The deliveries and tracking are near 100% spot on. Go figure...It seems to be dependant on where we live.

Last edited:
Fedex is great here (inside the perimeter highway in metro Atlanta), but I think our UPS driver is a little bit dyslexic. It's funny to watch all the neighbors exchange packages around dinner-time. I think in many cases it's a bit more about who's behind the wheel instead of what letters are on the side of the truck.

Outside of one damaged box (my soundbar recently) they've been great for me. For the last few years I probably get 2/3 packages from them /month too (review items).

But yeah, every location is going to be different.... this rant does not match my experience at all. My experience goes back to multiple locations over several years (review stuff), but thats irrelevant, really (as our my FedEx experiences compared to others). I most certainly believe that if you live in the boondocks, that service isn't as good as others who live in the suburbs, for example. I also think the driver has a lot to do with it. Maybe to to yours and explain what's going on and see what's up... :)

Either way, I'm sure it sucks that it's never accurate.. :(

Fedex in my area is pretty spot on. When I check tracking, it shows "On Time", and if I'm not at work, I can pretty much nail down the time frame on when they'll arrive. Normally they get here between 12noon and 1pm. I've been accurate at least 98% of the time.

Funny how certain delivery carriers are either spot on or they suck royally. One of those is UPS. I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than to deal with those numbnuts. I try my hardest not to do any business with them and will pay extra to use Fedex or USPS Priority.

Several threads about delivery companies over the years and they all have the same issue, when any issue is simply what they do for a living, freight hauling/delivery. I live in the boonies also and have a spotted history of who makes the tracking delivery date and who doesn't. Overall I've found that the point of origin for the shipment impacts the service as much as anything. Knuckleheads are in every shipping department it seems. Same is true of sorting facilities and on board the trucks. At the end of the route is the driver that shows up at my gate and in every case I've got it golden in that respect. Packages are placed inside the gate mostly, a few outside touching the gate. If there's rain, the driver puts a plastic bag around the package. A couple of deliveries were large enough that I assisted the driver in backing near to the front door or beside the carport. But they were very professional and helpful throughout the event. Then again, over the years, I've grown to have low expectations of freight companies. Anything above the 'shipment is lost' is a win in my book.

Fedex is great here (inside the perimeter highway in metro Atlanta), but I think our UPS driver is a little bit dyslexic. It's funny to watch all the neighbors exchange packages around dinner-time. I think in many cases it's a bit more about who's behind the wheel instead of what letters are on the side of the truck.
That's probably the main factor, out here in the boonies all delivery services have limited staff so you get who you get. USPS has a spotty track record in this area, I think it's the old "under staffed-over worked" syndrome that's common across all types of service.

By me FedEx is spot on. UPS gives a 4 hour block of time the package will arrive and it's always 2 hours after that.

USPS, I swear they scan the package on pick up twice. Once to accept package and then again to mark as delivered.

Back