• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant decide on x58 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dito

looking for new x58 mobo around $200-$225 price range.
my options so far...

Asus P6TD Deluxe
Asus P6X58D-E
GA-X58A-UD3R

any opinions?

I would say get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130289R. It's a $300 board that's open box for $220. My Dad has an open box MSI GD-80 that works perfectly and came with everything in the box so don't worry. If you don't want the open box then the Gigabyte UD-3R would be the better value to get. Get the TOP OF THE LINE if you can for a good price like that open box. All those boards will do 4ghz easy and the only real differences will be knick picking, but the MSI board is hella nice!!!

Im using a Asus P6T SE and it has been sweet! i run 2x 5850s it seats them well, it overclocks nice too lots of settings to mess with in bios, have my cpu at 4.2Ghz and its stable 4.5Ghz for benching! Asus p6t se is only around 200 dollars and is totaly sweet unless you want more than 2 video cards or need more than one pci slot. you COULD seat 3 graphics cards but the last lane is only 8x me thinks...but you wont see much of a performance drop running it in the 8x lane.

Quick note....the SE model isnt SLI certified ! but it does take Crossfire set ups :D

+1 on the E767..

Of your choices listed in the first post, UD3R.

As far as open box deals, you have to be careful as MOST times the only thing you get with it is the motherboard. So if you need cables etc, but especially the IO plate, it likely wont be there and you have to get it elsewhere. So yeah, worry about that with open box deals.

UD3R is always a solid choice. I got my i7 930 stable at 4.2 Ghz right now.

Every board, and every manufacturer has people that love them and people that hate them. Good experiences and bad. Research your options and buy what appeals to you most, whether it be aesthetics or features. Don't make your decision based on someones personal preference, when it's YOUR personal computer. Make your decision and be proud of it. Put them side by side, and weed out the winner. If you're unsure about specific features or their benefits, you've got a whole forum of inquiring minds waiting :).

If someone is hell bent on crapping on a specific manufacturer, the first thing I do is ignore what they're saying, lol. Not that anyone here is crapping on specific manufacturers, but just incase you're looking for advice elsewhere as well.

I've had really good luck with my UD3R, easy to use BIOS OCing options and super stable.

any of the boards you are looking at are stellar boards..in no way could you make the wrong choise..compare prices and go with the one YOU like the best...unless you are going for extreme o/clocks, really any of the x58 boards are proven now and all perform about the same..if your looking for a 4.0 or less o/clock any x58 board will do fine...
just go with the board that lights you up..my choise after running 3 different boards was the dfi T3eH6 ....all the boards i used were exactly the same in performance but for me ive always wanted to try a dfi board and with a windowed lian li case with great lighting, the dfi looks so cool and this board runs cooler than the asus and evga boards i tryed..
too bad dfi droped the lanparty line...go with the board you like the best..with the 3 boards you picked out all are a winner,,you cant loose.....

Back