• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED GPU "disabled" in client.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Why?

I got another GPU to add to my farm. It wasn't expected as I'd given up on the path from which I ended up purchasing the card. But, the card was offered up from a great manufacturer at a price that is closer to retail and I bought it.

I added this card to my VR rig in the basement. I moved my 1080SE to another slot. I did have some issues with fitment into the case/MB so I pulled out some PCIe x16 ribbon cables. I got my 3060 working after finding a bad cable but the 1080 will not work for folding. Windows sees it.

This is in one of my Gigabyte X58 chipset boards: CPU: Intel Xeon 3960
GA-X58A-UD3R rev 1
I am currently using PCIEX16_1 for a 3080
PCIEX16_2 for a 3060
PCIEX8_2 for the 1080SE

I did not see any BIOS settings to disable PCIe slots.

MB manual here: https://download1.gigabyte.com/File...ud3r_e.pdf?v=74c8750ceea3878bda6dc62beb2ff557

OK, so your Windows OS sees the 1080, is there a GPU slot showing in the FAHclient that's disabled? Or, is there just no additional slot at all, for the 1080?

A poster on foldingforum deleted GPUs.txt and restarted the client, which made the GPU start folding.

Last edited:
The Folding client (Which I downloaded directly from F@H) shows the 1080 but states "Disabled". I right click it and tell it to FOLD but it does not.

Well son of A GUN!!!! It's working. Just on it's own I guess. I went to try the things you listed and all three cards are folding plus 9 cores of the CPU. Sorry for the false alarm.

I'll take the good happenstance and run.

I just had this happen with me when switching card slots. Restarting the FAH client seemed to fix it for me.

Well, my gaming rig set my GPU to disabled and I don't know why. I had to restart the machine to get it back. Telling it to fold did not help. I didn't think to try restarting just the client. Machine needed a good re-boot.

Back