• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Software OC Util. VS Jumper OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scullbanger

Registered
How's it goin eh?
Scenairo- Gigabyte 6vtxe /celly 1.0 gig sb 5.1 - amd pna Nic geforce 2 ti @ default/default

Question- I got this little setup happening here, the gigabyte board is based on the apollo pro 694x Basically Apollo pro 133 this board came bundled with the utillity that is like soft fsb, Ok anyways I can get this board to crank this celly @ 112 fsb with this software, Personally I think This software stinks if i run it I have to choose for it not to start automatically every time, 112 is ok but there is more juice in her belly, I need to extract... will i have more success with the jumper/ dip setting, Oh this cheap thing brings joy "autodetect's" he vcore so will I have to volt mod this I know she will pump more out all my cards and hd are stable @ 124 they have been tested with a p3 600e on the same board Thanks MAn

I could be wrong, but I think that software program
will crank your PCI/AGP buses out of spec if you turn
it up too high. (Jump more than 15-20mhz on fsb)

I think you are better off OCing using the switches and/or
BIOS settings.

You can then use the software to see if it will go 5-10mhz
higher on the fsb when you want a little extra speed....

Back