• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo Mobo ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GW

Registered
I looking at buying a SY-P41S2 and would like to know if anyone has had any problems with hdware hook ups or known glitches -
I/E cd-rw - scanner - dvd etc and what is the groups recommendation on ram type and manufacturer.

Thanks

Looks to be another good board from Soyo, I would use crucial ram with the board. I would really wait to see more reviews before buying. Just my 2 cents.

I dont have that board but I do have the P41 Fire Dragon, its solid as a rock but it was also a $200.00 board. For the one you want I believe its cheaper and should be just as solid.

From what I've read, the company had a few bad products but got their act together and are now producing top quality stuff. I don't have anything new from Soyo, but I do have a BX and two 133a boards and I love them. All three have been running pretty much 24/7 for the last year folding@home. All overclocked. The BX was running a P3 667/133 on a slocket at 5x155 for months.

If its got all the features you're looking for, IMHO, it should make you happy. Good luck...:D

Thank you

I sincerely appreciate all the input - I think based on everyones reponse to go with this board or the new 'Dragon+" (What did he say that is not the board he asked about) Well you know tech stuff changes and this will be a step up I am going to hook it up with a 1800 + or 1900+ AMD Athalon and 256 ddram from crucial

I will let u know how it turns out - just got my new 'Antec" server tower and PS now onto the rest of the story........... more to follow.

Thanks again:)

Back