• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg Returns Advice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dogboyaa

I am in crisis mode. My friends wife asked me to build her a "super computer" ($1,500) and I told her what she needed and told her to order from newegg since I had great service. Needless to say 2 issues arose after I received the parts. 1 the memory isnt compatible with the motherboard (even though its supposed to be, asus suggested returning the memory and getting their "other memory" suggestion!). Problem 2 is she accidently ordered 2 SSD Drives and 1 1TB Regular Drive instead of 1 SSD and 2 Regular Drives. I didnt think anything of it and went ahead and built the machine. She calls and we discover the error and now I look and notice the SSD drive is not returnable.

She is a noob to newegg and I dont want her first experience to be bad and I was hopeing if there is advice on how to get ahold of newegg and explain the problem. At this point she is wanting to return the memory and exchange 1 SSD drive for 3 1TB hard drives (she wants even more space!). Please help :(

Honestly, Newegg is not at fault here so you will just have to go with watever their standard policy is on restocking fees and returns. Personally I would not have opened the SSD and sold it as Brand New In Box for nearly full retail value on the forums or ebay etc and used the money to get the desired drives. Best thing you can do now is either attemp to go through the returns process with newegg or sell the items as open box and use the money for the other items. Etiher way youre going to lose a percentage of what you spent. :( Sorry

Yeah, if nothing is broken and you just want to return for an exchange/refund youll just have to take the hit on the restocking fee. If there was an actual problem they are good about waiving the restock fee if you wish to have a refund but being theres no issues you are just ***'ed out.

Gotta pay attention to what you're ordering. Not their fault. Call them and see what they say. I've always had great experience with their phone support.

Put in the RMA then contact customer service via email or phone. I returned a video card that I didn't want so as to purchase the one I did. I placed the order for the correct card and asked if they could waive the restock since I am ordering something else. They did it. Don't be scared, the worst thing they can do is say no but they'll probably hook you up since you'll be ordering the correct parts.

Back