• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram advice please...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goateh

So, I'm currently in the process of updating my rig to an i5-2500k and a Z68 chipset board. Which is all well and good, I've got all my parts except for RAM.

So I have been told that I need PC1600/2000MHz Ram, which I don't mind getting if it's needed. I don't intend on over clocking just yet, but if I do later on I don't mind buying more ram as I'll probably up to 16GB at some stage instead of just 8.

So, my question is, do I need to get PC1600 ram orrrr... can I get away with using PC12800 RAM as I won't be over clocking at the moment?

Also, sorry if this topic has been done to death, but I figured I would ask since I don't want to go through the hassle of a return etc.. if I get the wrong ram. I've also not really been keeping up with hardware, so this is like learning to ride a bike again :(

Cheers in advance :)
:sn:

Back