• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad cores?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=100007671 600095610&IsNodeId=1&name=LGA 1155

I have to ask. AMD got beat on ever their dual and try (tri) core processors and many Intel fanbois said that AMD just had a rotten process and could not get all of the quads to be quads. Well AMD allowed unlocking and pretty much proved that some were bad.

Ayway do you think Intel has the same problems?

Will there be many single core IB peocessors?

Last edited:
From a manufacturing standpoint, it would make sense to make one item and use the "broken" ones for lower end models with cores disabled. I'm guessing that they probably are the same die.

I'm not sure what "problems" you are referring to. Defects are inevitable. Might as well use them than throw it away.

From a manufacturing standpoint, it would make sense to make one item and use the "broken" ones for lower end models with cores disabled. I'm guessing that they probably are the same die.

I'm not sure what "problems" you are referring to. Defects are inevitable. Might as well use them than throw it away.

Well I am not complaining or anything I am just pointing out that many beat AMD down for doing this when in fact they were simply doing business. AMD failed (in the eyes of some people) when they allowed unlocking. I guess it actually made them money but it still got them beaten on.

So I was just point it out that is all.

Yeah, they should have disabled the chips to the point they are no longer functional. The whole unlocking thing is a bit ridiculous.

Yeah, they should have disabled the chips to the point they are no longer functional. The whole unlocking thing is a bit ridiculous.

Yeah. It would be nice to unlock a single core to a full i7 though:rofl:

Back