• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confusing cpu temperature reads using Core Temp, Speedfan, and AI Suite II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grixon

Hello,

I am getting very confusing CPU temp readings using the three programs mentioned above in the title.

During idle, Core Temp recrods 20-30ish C for my cores, AI suite II records 20-30ish for CPU while Speedfan records a whopping high of 86C for my CPU

While running prime 95 for 5 minutes, Core temps record 40-50ish for cores, AI suite II records 30-40ish for CPU, and Speedfan records 46C

I have attached the screencaps of the readings so feel free to view them.

I am very confused and particularly concerned about Speedfan's idle reading of 86C. How can my CPU's temperature be lower when loading than idle!? Which one of these programs should I trust?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Temperatures.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 922
  • Temperatures2.bmp
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,194
SpeedFan doesn't read Tcase (CPU Temp) correctly in most cases, and Ai Suite only monitors Tcase AFAIK, but you should be more concerned w/ Tjunction (core temp's) anyway. So monitor just the core temp's via SpeedFan, or better yet use either Core Temp or Real Temp which are two of the most accurate programs available.

I have found in most cases aisuite and hwinfo match in temps fairly closely however speed fan is always off. Trust you mb temp monitor until you find another software that matches

Back