• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Concerned about Temps I'm seeing in CPU monitoring software after recent BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have that board (Crossblade Ranger)and it will let you adjust more timings that you need. Go to the DRram timing control header and open it. Use the "+" or "-" keys to change the values. Can't recall off hand but most boards will let you type in the number directly these days.

Ok if windows memtest is detecting an issue then it is likely the culprit. Unfortunately, it's not going to pin point what exactly the issue is. As I said earlier it could be the sticks themselves, the timings ie the tRc being a bit too tight or the Cpu IMC needs a bit more voltage. I would start by figuring out how to change the tRC to 33 or try setting the memory to the D.O.C.P. profile 1 if the option is available and you haven't already. Maybe read through this review it may help.

The review actually doesn't tell me anything I don't already know about my board.

I have that board (Crossblade Ranger)and it will let you adjust more timings that you need. Go to the DRram timing control header and open it. Use the "+" or "-" keys to change the values. Can't recall off hand but most boards will let you type in the number directly these days.

Yes I know where to go and that is where I have been going as I stated earlier.

It's rather obvious certain settings in my Tuner section of the bios should allow me to adjust them, but for what ever reason it's not letting me. Half the options are set to auto and greyed out leaving them unable to be changed at all. I also can't find the section of the bios that will allow me to adjust the voltage to the IMC at all as a possible solution that Mandrake gave.

Found a way through AMD overdrive to adjust my tRC but still no luck with the BIOS method though. Also I've adjusted my EZ Tuner Wizard to set up things for increased performance under a gaming profile. We'll see what happens.

Did you put the BIOS in Manual or DOCP for OC selection right at the beginning under the AI Overclock tuner. If this isn't set many options aren't available. When in manual you should see a setting down in the voltage section right after CPU Voltage called VDDNB that's the one Manny is referring to as CPU_NB or IMC.

Back