• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help on mobo choice!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hellraiser

i have these mobos to choose from.
i am intending to buy a northwood P4 1.6
i tend to overclock it as far as possible and would need a good basis to do so...
which mobo will do a good job? i dont want to buy the most expensiviest one... just about the best deal for my austrian euro ;) although it can exceed a little in price-sanity...just a litte

thx for any help!

i would think the my best shot would be a EPoX EP-4SDA, SiS645 (DDR) for €130.-

good price and i can tweak the s**t out of it....what do you people think?

Last edited:
That board has a lot of great options. I even saw the 4SDA+ version that supports UDMA 133 Devices. I'm just not sure how overclockable that board is. It may be great. I am using the TH7II-Raid and although I paid twice as much for it than the Epox, I am very satisfied. I was very specific about where connectors were located on the board and the TH7II-RAID had the right ones in the right places. In terms of the Bios, I don't think you'll find a more tweakable bios than the one I have but since the Epox does come with an Award Bios hopefully it wont be too bad. If you can get the money, I would recommend that you spend it on the "Backbone" of your system.

Arch5

Back