• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vmem mod question!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fluxer

EDIT: actually, the "End" part just seems to just be a ground for the wire, is that right?

Where does the wire go in the picture inserted below? Its labelled "End" but I don't understand where the wire goes there, it looks like it goes on a copper thing or something. I don't know because I don't have a flash light on hand and i'm not going to take my computer apart (I have a watercooling system inside my case that gets in the way at times).

Also, would it be possible to get a variable 100k ohm POT and set it for about 50k ohm for bootup and slowly lower/raise it?

Last edited:
As far as I know, that says GND, not END. I believe that it is a ground wire and probably, though not shown there, is attached to one of the screws that secures the motherboard to the case/motherboard tray.

Someone else would be more qualified to answer your second question, but I believe you're safe as long as you go with a pot that has MORE resistance than you need, i.e. 100k when they're only showing 47k, since you can always lower the resistance until you get what you need for the proper voltage level.

Hope this helps.

Peace,
Eggroll :)

Back