• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus p2b-f upgrade and bios help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fulkren

Registered
Greetings all, and thanks for reading my post!

I need some help on an upgrade I am attempting. If anyone has some info that would help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Here's the deal. I have an Asus P2B-F ver 1.00 (no period). with a build 1008 award bios. It is currently running a PII 400mhz processor. What I want to do is upgrade the processor to a PIII.
The problem is, I can't seem to flash the bios! I've downloaded the build 1013a and 1014.002 bios files from the asus website and I have downloaded the aflash.exe, pflash.exe, pflash2.exe, and flash.exe bios flashers. None of them work
:confused: Each and every one of them says that the flash type is "unknown". and won't flash the bios.
I am booting from a dr-dos boot disk with no autoexec.exe or config.sys files on it and I have the current bios set on both boot virus detect "Disable" and bios update set to "Enable".
If anyone has some suggestions on how I can get this board up and running please tell me. It's a great board and I don't want to have to replace it.
For some additional info, the processor I am using for the upgrade will be a P3 850e in an asus S370-L slotket adapter set to 1.8vcore.
I can't just plug in the cpu with the 1008 bios and have it run right ? Do I need the 1013 or 4 bios?
Also if there are any specific jumpers I need to set on the motherboard that you know of, just let me know.

Thoughts, suggestions, any information would be appreciated.

Thanks again!

Fulkren

Back