• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help screwed up new ram lol

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

Well i got some Samsung PC2700. I put some ramsink on it (not heatspreaders) and i used Artic Silver Alumina Adhesive. I was to stupid to look if it would fit right just thought it would but theres a battery looking thing witch stops me from getting it in DIMM 1.
DIMM2/3 it wont fit right eather. I have already killed 2 sticks of ram and 1 video card taking heatsinks off that had adhesive on it.
What should i do with it?

Jewelry - Keychain?

I bet it's hard to get that ceramic epoxy off. Try using acetone to clean them. Don't use nail-polish-remover it contains too much oil.

PressureCooker said:
Jewelry - Keychain?

I bet it's hard to get that ceramic epoxy off. Try using acetone to clean them. Don't use nail-polish-remover it contains too much oil.

Find out what it's hitting on and trim it. Most RAMsinks are thin enough to trim.

cw823 said:

Find out what it's hitting on and trim it. Most RAMsinks are thin enough to trim.

there the blue heatsinks that come with the heat speaders
there must be something i can do....

Put an anti static bag over the ram, and take your dremel, use a small sander and sand off the part that is interfering.

if you do that make sure to get some compressed air and spray
off all of the particles that may have gotten on your ram.

Back