• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boot Post Code C1?????????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
C1 is a problem with the memory i think. unplug the hard drive to see if its hard disk related..i doubt it. take out the memory sticks and put them back in.

C1 is memory related. I screwed up installing new clock generators and got this code. I suggest you reseat your ram and crimms.

Don't know why it occurred after a HD install but you already have been advised to try unplugging it. Makes sense to go back to square 1.

Kartman said:
Why new clock generators?
The new ones have less jitter and are rated for 533MHz, where as the originals are rated for 400Mhz. My RDRAM now max's out at 600Mhz, whereas it used to die at 556 Mhz.

Basically I now have a higher overclock and the computer is more stable. Doesn't give all boards the same results and you have to have good memory to begin with. In my case it was worth it, although it was a real pain in the arse to do.

Back