• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having trouble with ac97

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Logger

I can't seem to keep the audio working. When I built the system
th7II 1.6a I loaded the audio driver and it was there.. next day gone. I put it back. gone again.. now it won't load at all. Yhe program runs but the drivers are not installed.

any help please:(

I ams sorry if the info to follow is too basic, but we need to start somewhere.

I suggest booting up into safe mode and deleting ALL sound card related drivers in system device, including the game port and etc. On mine there are 4 drivers to remove under "sound, video and game controllers". You may have other drivers if you first installed a different sound card and these should be removed also. Restart the computer and enter the bios. Check to see if the sound is still turned on.

Start windows and add the newest driver (ver 2.80--get it from realtec if it won't download from Abit: http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/download/driver/i_ac97.htm

Reboot if requested. And go to device manager. Click on each driver's properties under "sound, video and game controllers" and ensure it says exists in all profiles.

It should now work fine.

One other thought if this doesn't work, try removing any PCI cards you have and see if the drivers will work. Perhaps there is an IRQ conflict with one of the slots you are using.

Thanks for getting back. I found the problem. I guess the th7II built in audio doesn't like OC I put it back to stock speed and it works fine.
Do you think if I put the pci to fixed it would work??

Logger

Back