• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory will only hit 155 :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

paulc87

I got a 256mb stick of crucial, and when I try to run 155 fsb, the system tries to back itself up right after it posts. Is this a hard drive problem? I just got a 120gxp and the problem occured with a samsung 20gb. I think it might not've been able to handle the high fsb

Have you tried increasing the voltage to it? I don't have any Crucial memory that will go above 150MHz without giving it more juice.

Yep, that's the thing. When I increase my voltage is when my hard drive craps out. I've got an antec 400w so I'm sure it's not the PS.

Is your processor unlocked? Have you tried dropping your multipler. What makes you certain your memory can not go any higher ??
Some other hardware could be the problem, have you tried removing your cards

Because my system tries to back itself up after i increase the voltage by one notch, and then i have to reinstall my drivers and everything. I think it basically just loses all it's registry settings

Back