• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd errors with new sys when trying to play DVDs... wtf?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pik4chu

Senior Yellow Forum Rat
Ok so I built my new duallie like a month ago, and just last night I went to watch a DVD on it (RE: Apocolypse in case one is wondering). So I open PowerDVD and it says "An object or name was not found." and of course with no extra details...er wtf? never said that on my old system and these are the SAME drives, OS, player software. Ok so maybe it was a bad DVD, I did after all just purchase it the day before. Tried 6 other WORKING DVDs, same issue. What the heck?

Ok maybe PowerDVD is corrupted. So I install the interactual Player thing off the DVD. This is classic, the error it gave was

wtf? said:
Error PL4009: A CSS Encryption error occurred while trying to play the DVD. Your detected decoder may not support playback of encrypted DVD content. Please make sure that your decoder fully supports playback of encrypted DVD content by contacting the manufacturer of your DVD playback software.
Ok so um, if iPlayer is the DVD playing software how can it not play something? What decoder is it trying to use? BLAH...

But anyways I stick the new DVD into my laptop that has a player (which is I think 6+ years old) and hey look! plays JUST find, no issues what-so-ever.

Someone please help me! :cry:

The "details" of the error in iPlayer (Interactual Player) said that this may be caused by a bad DVD decryptor driver. Commonly installed by applications like K-Lite or DVDXCopy. Well thats useful I suppose, except K-lite has never been installed, and I uninstalled DVDx as well, still no dice... What the heck is going on here?

I even got a message on one of them saying "The DVD Region of your DVD player does not match the disc you are trying to play" Well um, there is only one Region '1' that I know of and both drives are set to that.
StupidPlayer said:
Error PL4008: The region of the DVD disc does not correspond to the region of your DVD player. Please try another disc or reset the region of your DVD player.

Going to try another fresh wipe of all codecs and try that again... *sigh*

What is so wrong from my old computer to this one?!

*edit* got the second error, updating post..
*edit2* got the main error, updated post...

ok it seems I fixed it, beats me the cause but I went through and basically uninstalled every friggin' thing related to codecs, DVDs and decoders and Im able to play A DVD so far, gonna try others....

Hopefully it will stay fixed after I reinstall some codecs I need and my copying software -_-

Oh and predate this post by like an hour, fixed it but had to run somewhere for an emergency

geeze I feel like an idiot. I screwed witht his stupid thing for almost 3 hours the other day :cry:

Back