• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

something is seriously wrong

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

akord94

Registered
this happend a few months ago, but i have been busy. anyways, i took apart my computer to cut out some wholes for my fans, when i put everything back together, and tried to reboot, it took about 20 mins to boot into xp, and another 20 or 30 mins to either open a program or shutdown. i don't know what is wrong with it.

this is what i have
MSI k7t266a pro2
AMD 1.4
MSI Geforce 2 ti
Maxtor 60gig
Crucial 512 ddr
Aopen 24x10x40 cdrw

anyway, i know that there is something wrong with the motherboard because i have switched out everycomponent with my brothers computer, i have switched out he processor, harddrives, memory, vid card, same problem, but when i switch out the motherboard, everthing runs fine again. i have contacted MSI twice, but never got a reply which realy ****es me off.
I need a computer, so i went out and got an AOpen board, and a new processor xp 1600. it runs great at 1.64, but there is no volt mods for the aopen board, i was hoping to get my msi back op and running.

does anybody know what is wrong?

oh yea, i have also tried to flash the bios and there was no effect

This sounds like a software problem more than a hardware problem. This kind of thing is normally associated with badly fragmented disks and the system running around to and fro trying to find things. I would look at doing a clean install of the OS and go from there. Are you using a network card? Another device that sometimes causes problems are USB devices and their configuration in the bios.

as i said earlier, i switched out all the components, and it had the same effect, i also tried to do a clean install of win xp, but it took about 3 hours to complete. befor i tried the clean install of xp, i moved my hd to my brothers comp, and it work perfectly fine.

Its very rare that MSI doesnt respond to your distress calls.
How did you try to get in contact with them???
Try filling out the online Technical request form. Tehy first confirm your sent in request then within 24-48 hours they try to respond to your requested probelm. Give it a try

that is the form i filled out, i got the comfirmation, but didn't get a response. huh, i wonder y they did respond?

Maybe you should try calling them. I never had a problem when calling them so I dont know what could be the case.

Back