• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what to do with my girlfriends P2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
also if you wanna buy stuff from other ppl on voerclockers look in the classifieds ... not here...post in the wanted....

i would recommend a high quality mobo with lots of options and a cheap 1600+ for like 60$ and 256 crucial ram. if you do upgrade to anything 1ghz+ you will need atleast 300w....i alwasy go with 400w+ just to be safe...

dxiw said:
also if you wanna buy stuff from other ppl on voerclockers look in the classifieds ... not here...post in the wanted....

i would recommend a high quality mobo with lots of options and a cheap 1600+ for like 60$ and 256 crucial ram. if you do upgrade to anything 1ghz+ you will need atleast 300w....i alwasy go with 400w+ just to be safe...
I would say 400w or so if you plan on overclocking or running a lot of HD's or CDrom's or CDRW's. But if you only plan on running say one HD and one CDRom. And don't plan on doing any overclocking at all. I've seen people using 250w PSU's with 1200mhz CPU's. But I would'nt get any less then 300w just to a little power to spare. I've used a 250w PSU with a PIII 800 system OCed to 1000mhz with an 86w peltier on it. Plus a lot of fan's, 2 CDRW's, and 2 HD's in it. All powered by that one 250w PSU. She ran fine. But some of the Molex connector's were burnt and melted together! LOL. But it all held up for around a year or so till I upgraded and bought a 431w Enermax.

Back